The annual awards celebrate the creativity and innovation of media agency planning teams.
Now in its seventh edition, this year’s awards saw eight media agencies receive recognition for their outstanding work on behalf some of the country’s biggest, most iconic brands.
Across the board, judges applauded the entries’ powerful use of purpose, innovative platforms and messaging, demonstrating how news brands can be successfully leveraged to drive business results.
This year’s Chair Olivia Hendrick, Marketing Director at Hiscox commented: “It was a pleasure to witness the imaginative and creative ways that brands tapped into the news brand environment.
“The best campaigns demonstrated true integration and partnership between clients, agencies and news brands, with the customer clearly at the heart of a powerful idea that was brilliantly executed.”
The winners were:
- Best Newspaper Campaign – Manning Gottlieb OMD with Specsavers
- Best News Brand Campaign – the7stars with Prostate Cancer UK
- Best Topical Campaign – PHD UK with ŠKODA
- Effectiveness Award – December 19 with Neilson Active Holidays
- Best Use of Insight – Goodstuff with ITV
- Omnimedia Award – Vizeum with TSB
- Best Creative Content Partnership – PHD UK with ŠKODA
- Planning with PAMCo Award – Havas Media with O2
- Chair’s Award – PHD UK with ŠKODA
The highly commended campaigns were:
- Best Newspaper Campaign – Hearts & Science with Thames Water
- Best Newspaper Campaign – Goodstuff with ITV
- Best Creative Content Partnership – the7stars with Prostate Cancer UK
- Omnimedia Award – Goodstuff with ITV
- Best Topical Campaign – Vizeum with WWF
Wrapping up the night, Client Services & Strategy Director Niki West said: “In an era of disruption and bombardment in the advertising industry, these campaigns show how news brands have the ability to engage with audiences by providing agencies and their clients with trusted solutions.
“I hope these inspirational campaigns will encourage more brands to utilise the power and reach of news brands.”
A big thank you to all the judges and Chair Olivia Hendrick for all their time and effort – we couldn’t have done it without you.
Click here to check out the case studies.