Research by Canopy Media
Canopy Media commissioned Altheo Insight to establish print inserts’ influential role at various stages in the consumer journey.
The researchers employed a robust mix of qualitative and quantitative methods including conversations with media owners, media agencies and clients and a survey of over 1,500 18-64s across the UK. Evidence shows that print inserts are an influential, retained, relevant and engaging medium for consumers of all demographics. They drive purchase, are kept over time, feel targeted and command attention.
Print inserts fuel investigation, especially in the young:
- 51% use print inserts to research information online, rising to 71% for 25-34 year olds
Inserts trigger transactions, an effect even stronger in younger people:
- 37% have used print inserts to make an unplanned purchase, rising to 49% for 18-24 year olds
Inserts are retained:
- 68% of people say they’ve kept an insert
Inserts are targeted:
- Over one in three say print inserts feel that they’re vetted by the editorial team
The power of touch:
- 40% agree that advertising they can touch or hold is more engaging