Research by Lumen & Unruly
Lumen and Unruly teamed up to cover the ‘where’ and the ‘who’ when it comes to video content and newsbrands, showing the quality of both the newsbrand environment and the newsbrand audience.
Lumen captures the real behavioural uplifts in ad viewing, dwell time and subsequently trust in video content in newsbrand environments (the ‘where’). Unruly builds on this by highlighting the ’quality of the newsbrand audience’ (the ‘who’). From increases in brand favourability and relevance through to purchase intent and recommendation, regular newsbrand readers are an engaged and valuable audience for advertisers using video.
Key findings – ‘the where’:
- Video ads on newsbrand sites are +10% more likely to be seen
- Video ads on newsbrand sites have +42% average dwell time
- Brands using video advertising on newsbrand sites are 2.4x more likely to be considered trustworthy
Key findings – ‘the who’. After watching video advertising, regular newsbrand readers are:
- 4x more likely to share videos
- 2.4x more likely to consider purchase
- 2.1x more likely to want to find out more
- 1.8x more likely to feel informed
Watch Mike Follett, Lumen’s managing director, and Becky Waring, Unruly’s VP Insight, present the study at Newsworks’ 2018 Effectiveness Summit: