The Publishers Audience Measurement Company (PAMCo Ltd), is the governing body which oversees PAMCo audience measurement for the published media industry.
NRS Ltd handed responsibility for governance to PAMCo Ltd in January 2016. The funding stakeholders are Newsworks( representing news brands), Professional Publishers Association (PPA – magazine media) and the Institute of Practitioners in Advertising (IPA – advertising agencies). The PAMCo board also has representation from The Incorporated Society of British Advertisers (ISBA).
PAMCo – Audience Measurement for Publishers
PAMCo is the audience measurement service, which superseded NRS.
PAMCo data allows publishers to monetise de-duplicated audiences across all of their platforms – mobile, tablet, PC and print. It can be used to market the published media sector, demonstrating high levels of reach of brands across platforms. PAMCo data fuels the IPA TouchPoints service, which informs strategic planning. It is also incorporated into planning bureaux, such as Kantar Choices, IMS Clear Decisions, Telmar and Mediatel for implementational planning purposes.
How is PAMCo different to NRS data?
NRS was a print survey, which had digital elements added to it across its existence. The thorough industry wide process to find the successor to the NRS survey, has allowed PAMCo Ltd to design audience measurement built for a digital world.
PAMCo’s methodology integrates print readership and demographic data from a high-quality survey of 22,000 participants per year with digital audience estimates supplied by Ipsos iris. The PAMCo survey which collects print audience data is based on an ‘online first’ method and includes two phases:
- A Postal Phase – where all sampled addresses are mailed and invited to take part either by online or paper self-completion questionnaire.
- A Field Phase – where those not completing the postal phase will be invited to take part with a field facilitator recruiting participants to complete the survey.
Ipsos carries out a complex data integration process to fuse the print estimates collected from our survey with digital audience estimates provided by Ipsos iris
Ipsos iris is the new UKOM approved standard for online audience measurement in the UK from January 2021.
This allows the PAMCo survey to provide the following:
- De-duplicated reach and frequency for all platforms
- Single source data to understand how audiences move between platforms
- Improved estimate of brand reach and duplication
- Reporting news brand sections across print AND digital subject to sample size
- Future proofed for new platforms
- Increased number of brands reported across digital platforms
When did PAMCo launch?
PAMCo Ltd started to collect PAMCo data in January 2017 and launched the full PAMCo dataset on April 19 2018
You can find the latest PAMCo data in our Market Overview section.
For more information please contact one of the PAMCo team:
Telephone: 020 7637 9822
Simon Redican CEO: [email protected]
Alison Finch, Client Services Director: [email protected]
Daphna Joseph, Client Services Manager: [email protected]
Luca Vannini, Head of Research: [email protected]