Newsworks is on the lookout for an experienced, talented and enthusiastic integrated midweight designer with a keen eye for detail and confidence to create designs to a high level. As part of our excellent communications team, you’ll be tasked with creating digital and social assets including animations and videos, concepts and branding for key events and initiatives, as well as reports, presentations, promotional material and more.
- You’ll present creative work and take ownership of the full design process
- You’ll have a keen understanding and appreciation for good design principles and communications, whether it’s through editorial, typography, illustration, photography, video or more
- You’ll confidently manage projects from conceptualisation through to execution, handling budgets, deadlines, expectations, and external resources where required
- You’ll work with our site’s WordPress CMS and post on a regular basis
- You’ll be a vigilant brand guardian, ensuring that guidelines are adhered to wherever brand collateral appears
Required Experience/ Skills:
- You’ll have at least 4+ years of relevant experience (either in-house or in an agency environment)
- You’ll have a strong portfolio filled with exciting and engaging creative solutions
- We’re looking for someone who is confident with both print and digital design
- You’ll be Mac literate, fluent in Adobe CC InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator, with a good working knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- You’ll be a great communicator and consider basic copy-checking to be part of your duties as a designer
- You’ll be good at managing a number of different projects and ad hoc work simultaneously
- We’re part of Ad Net Zero and as such consider every action we take as a company from an environmentally friendly perspective. This is why we’re looking for someone who is sustainably minded
What We Offer:
- A friendly and positive working environment
- A competitive salary, 10% bonus scheme and AVIVA pension scheme
- 26 days annual leave (excluding bank holidays), with enhanced holiday entitlement after two years’ service
- Group Life Assurance and Income Protection to financially support your loved ones if you no longer can
- Interactive apps with a range of rewards and discounts to treat yourself
- Professional development and training, including budget for relevant courses
- Commitment to support a healthy work/life balance through a mix of office-based and remote hybrid working
We’re the marketing body for the UK’s national news publishers. We champion the importance of a free press and lead collaboration across the industry to support the future for trusted journalism.
Newsworks’ goal is to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives and backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer, hiring solely on merit and business need. We encourage applications regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood and disability. If you require reasonable adjustments in any recruitment process with us, please make us aware.
To apply, send your CV and a cover letter to [email protected].