Red Bull partners with Telegraph Spark to show how a selection of elite athletes get ‘in the zone’ before competing in the biggest sporting events of their careers.
Brand: Red Bull
Dates: July 2019 to August 2019
- Content includes a series of in-depth longform articles that show how three elite athletes get ‘in the zone’ for competition. The articles feature team GB hockey goalkeeper Maddie Hinch, rock climbing sensation Shauna Coxley and England rugby star Jack Nowell
- The first piece of content was launched with one year to go until the 2020 Tokyo Olympics and timed to coincide with the release of personalised limited-edition Red Bull cans featuring the faces of the athletes
- The longform articles consist of GIFs, video content and photography, and feature the various people including coaches, physios and family members who help each athlete get ‘in the zone’
- The articles aim to inspire and educate sports fans to improve their performance and understand how elite athletes prepare for their big sporting moments
- The campaign aimed to engage with The Telegraph’s large proportion of active 18-34 demographic and this audience was targeted both online and on Facebook
- A series of short, vertical videos were created to drive readers to the online content from Facebook and Instagram
- Articles have been replicated online and in The Telegraph Editions App
Explore the full campaign here.