National news publishers have been named in five nominations so far, while advertisers’ news brand ad campaigns are also being shortlisted for awards
The winners will be revealed at an awards ceremony on Thursday 20 October in London’s Park Lane, celebrating the best of commercial media and judged by over 80 top figures from across the media industry.
The full list of news brand nominations are as follows:
- Media Idea — Under £250,000 (Mail Metro Media)
- Media Idea — £250,000–£1 million (The Guardian)
- Best Use of Content — Under £250,000 (The Guardian, in collaboration with Goodstuff)
- Media Brand of the Year (The Independent)
- Sales Team of the Year (Mail Metro Media)
More categories are due to be announced in due course, including Media Leader of the Year across agency and media owner categories.
Elsewhere, high-profile advertising campaigns appearing in news brands are also being considered across a wide array of categories. These include Scottish Widows’ campaign highlighting the gender pension gap, uSwitch’s open letter about energy bill rises and TUI’s series of ads bringing travel back to holidaymakers.
Read the full shortlist here.