Inductees from publishers include five young journalists featured in Newsworks’ ‘Future of News’ initiative, as well as three commercial leaders
Unveiled on Wednesday, the list brings together a diverse group of individuals driving the future of the media industry. The list is particularly notable for not discriminating based on age, time spent in the industry or current job title.
Those inducted were judged on their ‘proven ability to embrace disruption, inclusion, courage, and excellence’.
The Class of 2022 features eight figures from news brands:
- Aletha Adu (political correspondent, Daily Mirror — soon to be The Guardian)
- Emma Loffhagen (features and comment writer, Evening Standard)
- John Abiona (City reporter, Daily Mail)
- Julia Atherley (news reporter, The Sun)
- Tom Richell (head of multimedia, The Independent)
- James Fleetham (head of client sales, The Guardian)
- Robert Hudson (digital sales director, Mail Metro Media)
- Shelley Bishton (head of creative diversity, News UK)
See the full Future 100 Class of 2022 here.