Insight & Analysis Intern
Newsworks is the marketing body for the national newspaper industry. It works closely with advertising agencies, advertisers and the newspapers themselves. The company is now recruiting for two Insight & Analysis Interns. This will provide an excellent opportunity to start a career in the media and advertising industry.
Newsworks is looking to recruit exceptional graduates for an initial six-month paid internship, with a view to offering permanent positions. The successful candidates will be given training on media systems and taught how to interpret data.
You will be expected to perform a wide range of roles, including supporting the insight team in research projects, assisting the client services team with insight and analysis, and working closely with the web team to ensure content is kept up-to-date.
To be considered for an internship with Newsworks please send a cover letter and a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note the recruitment period closes 7 March 2013.
First round interviews will be conducted on the 18 and 19 March.
Shortlisted candidates will be asked to complete a written assessment prior to interview.
Start date: March 2013
Reports to: Planning Director
Location: Central London
Hours: Full Time (37.5hrs)
Starting salary: £15,000 basic per annum, with regular reviews and bonus potential
Candidates will need to demonstrate the following:
- High levels of numeracy
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience of using PowerPoint
- An interest in data
- An analytical mind, that can find a story in data
- A keen eye for detail
- Ability to apply a methodical approach to work
- A strong interest in media and advertising
Main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Reporting on advertising revenue across different media
- Reporting on readership data from NRS and NRS PADD
- Producing monthly reports on circulation and web traffic
- Analysing mobile and online comScore data
- Responding to ad hoc data requests
- Supporting the client services team, by supplying data and insight for presentations
- Updating data on the Newsworks website
- Conducting desk research
- Sourcing newspaper editorial and ads for use in publications and presentations
- Copy and fact checking of publications
Experience using the following is desirable but not essential:
This is not an exhaustive list and you will be expected to be flexible in your approach to carrying out your duties, that may change from time to time to reflect changes in the Company’s circumstances. This will include providing cover for colleagues as required. The Company therefore reserves the right to vary the job description in consultation with you.
All Newsworks employees are expected to comply with the Company’s policies, rules and procedures.
We will endeavour to inform all candidates of the outcome of their application.